The African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) in collaboration with the Kenya Copyright Board (KECOBO) will be hosting a seminar on copyright and related rights as part of the on-going series of ARIPO roving seminars. The Seminar will be held on 16 and 17 March 2015 in Nairobi.
The theme of the Seminar is “Copyright in the Digital Environment”. According to the host organisations, digital networks have had a major impact on the way we access, use, reproduce and disseminate copyright works such as music, film, software, visual arts among others. Therefore the Seminar is aimed at providing an opportunity for stakeholders to interact with experts and players in the industry to discuss topical issues related to the theme.
Some of the speakers at the Seminar will include:
– Githu Muigai, Attorney General of Kenya
– Tom Mshindi, Chairman KECOBO
– Sylvance Sange, Ag. Managing Director, KIPI
– Fernando Dos Santos, Director General, ARIPO
– Adejoke Oyewunmi, MIP Professor, Africa University, Zimbabwe
– Ben Sihanya, IP Professor, University of Nairobi, Kenya
– Henry Mutai, Former Managing Director, KIPI
– Hezekiel Oira, Former Corporation Secretary, KBC
– David Muriithi, Board Member, KECOBO
– June Gachui, Principal, JGIP Consultants
– Lawrence Njagi, Chairman, Kenya Publishers Association
– Sharon Chahale Wata, General Manager, KOPIKEN
KECOBO asks that those who are interested in attending the roving seminar should send their details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.