- Image Rights vs Copyright in Kenya: Case of Octopizzo vs Simply Kech [Nation]
- Kenyan researcher discovers herb that could offer cure for arthritis [Standard]
- UK-Based IP Management Firm Launches in Kenya [The Kenyan Wall Street]
- East African IP landscape has shifted fundamentally [Captain Obvious]
- Recap of Workshop on Innovation and Intellectual Property in South Africa [UCT IP Unit]
- Urgent need to decolonise intellectual property curricula [That’s my PhD Prof!]
- Infighting at Nigeria’s Main Collecting Society Raises CMO Governance Issues [That’s my PhD topic!]
- How Kenyans are monetizing the royal wedding [Capital FM]
- Report: The Applicability of the Madrid System in Africa [Adams & Adams]
- Why Kenya Premier League teams are courting disaster by not registering trademarks [Standard]
- New WIPO Report – Enhancing Innovation in the Ugandan Agri-Food Sector: Robusta Coffee Planting Material & Tropical Fruit Processing [WIPO]
- South Africa patent system is failing to encourage innovation [BusinessDay]
For more news stories and developments, please check out #ipkenya on twitter and feel free to share any other intellectual property-related items that you may come across.
Have a great week-end!