- In Cannes, African filmmakers are plotting to take back control from European producers [Quartz]
- CC Africa Community Collaborates on Continental Projects [Creative Commons]
- Ghana becomes the 38th country to join the Marrakesh Treaty [Official]
- Ethiopian Government to sue Dutch Company that patented teff grain [The Reporter]
- The clock ticks towards General Data Protection Regulation for African companies [Nairobi Business Monthly]
- South Africa Intellectual Property (IP) Policy-Phase 1 approved [Official]
- Kenyan Film agencies clash in new licence fees row [Business Daily]
- Eveready ruling keeps away rivals [Nation]
- Kenya Income Tax Bill 2018 has new provisions on IP between associated persons [Treasury]
- ARIPO Working Group Clarifies Fees Deadlines [Adams & Adams]
- Kenya moves to regulate fintech-fuelled lending craze [Reuters]
- TAMING THE INTERNET: The good, the bad and the ugly parts of the Kenya Computer Misuse and Cybercrimes Act 2018 [The Elephant]
For more news stories and developments, please check out #ipkenya on twitter and feel free to share any other intellectual property-related items that you may come across.
Happy Africa Day!