- Nigeria’s World Cup kit sells out in 15 minutes [BBC]
- Rwanda’s £30m Arsenal sponsorship divides opinion [The Guardian]
- Uganda imposes tax on social media use [Reuters]
- Cameroon: 3rd Meeting of the ARIPO-OAPI Joint Commission on Intellectual Property [In French]
- Tanzania: AY and Mwana FA awarded Sh96 million against telco giant [SDE]
- Court rules SONY is not a well-known brand in Kenya [Business Daily]
- Music Copyright Society of Kenya Now Banned from Collecting Music Royalties [Captain Obvious]
- New South African IP Policy Text Now Available [Official]
- Some concerns on advertisements in Ethiopia [The Herald]
- Running the gauntlet: making wise patenting decisions [Dennemeyer IP Blog]
- MaXhosa v Zara [Stellenbosch IP Chair]
- Winners of the 2017 ATRIP Essay Competition Announced [ATRIP]
For more news stories and developments, please check out #ipkenya on twitter and feel free to share any other intellectual property-related items that you may come across.
Have a great week-end!