- Kenya: Senate held a session with reps from the creative industries to understand how to support creativity and talent in the film industry [Web]
- South Africa’s New IP Policy: A Human Rights Perspective [Emmanuel Oke]
- Kenya has created an electronic registry for collateralisation of IP and other rights [The East African]
- “I See a Boat on a River” – The Copying of Vehicular Shapes [Afro-IP]
- Online platform to streamline collection of fees owed to Kenyan musicians [Capital FM]
- Kenya: Artistes, hoteliers in pact to collect music royalties [Business Daily]
- East Africa brand-owners take stake in protecting their brands [Captain Obvious]
- Kenya: Curb book theft without killing firms [DN]
- EA Cables cries for help over Chinese fakes [Nation]
- Kenya: Chinese accused of cultural heist on indigenous cottage industries [Oh Boy]
- Pay artistes’ royalties or lose licences, Sakaja warns media houses, night clubs [The Star]
- Blockchain and IP Law: A Match made in Crypto Heaven? [WIPO Magazine]
For more news stories and developments, please check out #ipkenya on twitter and feel free to share any other intellectual property-related items that you may come across.
Have a great week-end!