- ARIPO holds the Second Symposium on Copyright and Related Rights [Official]
- Tete Goat – First Geographical Indication of Mozambique [Inventa]
- Namibia introduces new Industrial Property Act [A+ Bunch of Lawyers]
- Competition Authority confirms Egypt’s right to air 22 World Cup games [Egypt Today]
- Should Africa let Silicon Valley in? [The Guardian]
- Kenya to publish draft data protection bill this month [Reuters]
- Rethinking Uganda’s State Brand Strategy Using Intangible Assets [Amani IP Network]
- Restriction on Parallel Imports Gets Red-Lighted By Competition Authority of Kenya [BD Africa]
- Stolen melodies: Copyright law in Africa [Deutsche Welle]
- Rwanda: Experts call for autonomous Intellectual Property office [The New Times]
- Kenya: Sharing books online kills creativity, it’s outright theft [One-sided coin]
- Anti-Counterfeit Agency Insults Intelligence of Stakeholders at ‘Consultative Forum’ on Proposed IP Law [Shameless Plug]
For more news stories and developments, please check out #ipkenya on twitter and feel free to share any other intellectual property-related items that you may come across.
Have a great week-end!