- The Continental Free Trade Area: A game changer for Africa [The East African]
- Crunch Time at WIPO-IGC: A Last Attempt to Draft a New Genetic Resources Text? [ABS Canada]
- Zimbabwe Launches National IP Policy & Implementation Strategy [AllThingsIP]
- Ethiopia: Whose injera is it anyway? [Mail & Guardian]
- Strengthening African Science [Project Syndicate]
- South Africa: Marked improvements on the IP landscape [Lexology]
- Google is throwing its weight behind artificial intelligence for Africa [Quartz]
- Enabling intellectual property and innovation systems for South Africa’s development and competitiveness [Sibanda’s 2018 PhD Thesis]
- Nigeria: Food Security In Africa: Is Genetically Modified Technology A Pathway? [Leadership]
- Number of patents is a poor measure of innovation in ARIPO and Kenya [AfroIP]
- Emojis and intellectual property law [WIPO Magazine]
- Ten Years Later: Dismal Performance Scorecard for Kenya’s Anti-Counterfeit Agency [Captain Obvious]
For more news stories and developments, please check out #ipkenya on twitter and feel free to share any other intellectual property-related items that you may come across.
Have a great week-end!