- The Global Innovation Index (GII) 2018 to be released next week [You’re Invited]
- What the WTO decision on plain packaging means for developing countries [devex]
- Time for a bioeconomy in Africa [ICIPE]
- How fab labs help meet digital challenges in Africa [The Conversation]
- Lionel Messi: Image Rights, International Financial Flows, Tax Havens and its Impact on Africa and Kenya [Academia]
- Uganda’s Troubling Social Media Tax [HRW]
- Kenya’s Digital Taxi Services Paralyzed, Strike Enters 4th Day [VOA]
- Comment on South Africa’s Copyright Amendment Bill Until 18 July [PEN SA]
- On the 36th Session of the WIPO – IGC: An Interview with Professor Chidi Oguamanam [Flora IP]
- Ghana’s Copyright Administrator ordered to release funds to Audio-Visual Rights Society [GNA]
- Intellectual Property Issues in Access and Benefit-sharing Agreements [WIPO]
- Governance Issues of Nigerian Music Collecting Society, COSON Continues [Afro-IP]
For more news stories and developments, please check out #ipkenya on twitter and feel free to share any other intellectual property-related items that you may come across.
Have a great week-end!