- Professor Calestous Juma Memorial Lecture: Public Policy Options for Science and Technology in Africa [Hashtag]
- CBD and ITPGRFA commit to enhanced cooperation on access and benefit-sharing of genetic resources [Official]
- Global Innovation Divide: Can Investment In Innovation Bridge The Gap? [IPW]
- Kenya is seizing the opportunity to protect individuals and their data [Privacy International]
- Tobacco Plain Packaging: An oncoming trademark dispute in South Africa? [UCT IP Unit]
- SAMPRA takes on SABC, IMPRA over needletime payout [MiA]
- Power, Profit and Sport: The Real Legacy of the Football World Cup [Nakueira]
- PAIPO – Concerns From A Brand Holder’s Perspective [africadotcom]
- South Africa: Software Developers Pasop/Beware/Qaphela/Hlokomela [A+ Bunch of Lawyers]
- Universal Music Launches Nigerian Division [Variety]
- Big Pharma and Predatory Pricing of Birth Control [Bhekisisa]
- Innovation Prize for Africa 2018: Investing in Inclusive Innovation Ecosystems [ICYMI]
For more news stories and developments, please check out #ipkenya on twitter and feel free to share any other intellectual property-related items that you may come across.
Have a great week-end!