- Improving creators’ royalty collections in Africa: CMOs gather in Abidjan for CISAC’s Africa Committee [Official]
- Figures of the week: Africa’s energy innovation landscape [Brookings]
- 5th Global Congress on IP and the Public Interest, Sept 27-29 Washington DC [Register Now]
- Nigeria announces national airline, didn’t register domain names [iAfrikan]
- South Africa’s Proposed Copyright Fair Use Right Should Be A Model For The World [InfoJustice]
- Kenya: MCSK asks MPAKE to stop collecting royalties [Pot Calling Kettle]
- Africa Has an ‘Uber’ Opportunity to Disrupt Farming Technology [AGRA]
- Poor e-commerce policies slow the uptake in Africa [The Star]
- How broke public universities can change fortunes [Captain Obvious]
- Does the fourth industrial revolution call for a sui generis form of IP protection? [A+ Bunch of Lawyers]
- Comesa to set up team on digital free trade area [East African]
- Time for a Sui Generis Technology Importation Right? [Afro-IP]
For more news stories and developments, please check out #ipkenya on twitter and feel free to share any other intellectual property-related items that you may come across.
Have a great week-end!