- Call for Articles – African Journal of Intellectual Property [Deadline Next Month]
- Respect for IP – Growing from the Tip of Africa: International Conference [Registration Open]
- Video: Using blockchain to prevent counterfeit drugs in Kenya [IBM Research]
- The African music industry is gaining global interest [Axios]
- Encourage imitation to boost creativity in Kenya [Captain Obvious]
- Why India’s IP policy needs a South African tweak [The Hindu]
- Adeokin v. MCSN: No CMO licence required for an exclusive licensee of copyright to enforce its licence [The 1709 Blog]
- In Case You Missed It: Kenya Patent Office is Publishing List of Expired KE Patents [Big 4 Agenda]
- South Africa: Department of Trade and Industry Film Incentive [DTI]
- The New Face of Creative Commons in Kenya [Shameless Plug]
- South Africa: IP Management and the Commercialization of Publicly Funded Research Outcomes [WIPO]
- Kenya: Request for Comments on the Proposed Privacy and Data Protection Policy and Bill, 2018 [Deadline Next Month]
For more news stories and developments, please check out #ipkenya on twitter and feel free to share any other IP/ICT-related items that you may come across.
Have a great week-end!