“M1L3L3” is “MILELE”, a Swahili word which means “Forever”
- Call for Articles – African Journal of Intellectual Property [Deadline Next Month]
- Respect for IP – Growing from the Tip of Africa: International Conference [Registration Open]
- Video: Using blockchain to prevent counterfeit drugs in Kenya [IBM Research]
- The African music industry is gaining global interest [Axios]
- Encourage imitation to boost creativity in Kenya [Captain Obvious]
- Why India’s IP policy needs a South African tweak [The Hindu]
- Adeokin v. MCSN: No CMO licence required for an exclusive licensee of copyright to enforce its licence [The 1709 Blog]
- In Case You Missed It: Kenya Patent Office is Publishing List of Expired KE Patents [Big 4 Agenda]
- South Africa: Department of Trade and Industry Film Incentive [DTI]
- The New Face of Creative Commons in Kenya [Shameless Plug]
- South Africa: IP Management and the Commercialization of Publicly Funded Research Outcomes [WIPO]
- Kenya: Request for Comments on the Proposed Privacy and Data Protection Policy and Bill, 2018 [Deadline Next Month]
For more news stories and developments, please check out #ipkenya on twitter and feel free to share any other IP/ICT-related items that you may come across.
Have a great week-end!
- Professor Calestous Juma Memorial Lecture: Public Policy Options for Science and Technology in Africa [Hashtag]
- CBD and ITPGRFA commit to enhanced cooperation on access and benefit-sharing of genetic resources [Official]
- Global Innovation Divide: Can Investment In Innovation Bridge The Gap? [IPW]
- Kenya is seizing the opportunity to protect individuals and their data [Privacy International]
- Tobacco Plain Packaging: An oncoming trademark dispute in South Africa? [UCT IP Unit]
- SAMPRA takes on SABC, IMPRA over needletime payout [MiA]
- Power, Profit and Sport: The Real Legacy of the Football World Cup [Nakueira]
- PAIPO – Concerns From A Brand Holder’s Perspective [africadotcom]
- South Africa: Software Developers Pasop/Beware/Qaphela/Hlokomela [A+ Bunch of Lawyers]
- Universal Music Launches Nigerian Division [Variety]
- Big Pharma and Predatory Pricing of Birth Control [Bhekisisa]
- Innovation Prize for Africa 2018: Investing in Inclusive Innovation Ecosystems [ICYMI]
For more news stories and developments, please check out #ipkenya on twitter and feel free to share any other intellectual property-related items that you may come across.
Have a great week-end!