- Kenya Guns for Top ICT Positions in Africa and Globally [Official]
- Strengthening Africa’s audiovisual sector: market intelligence is critical [WIPO Magazine]
- Technology transfer to transform agricultural production in Africa [African Development Bank]
- A decision-making tool for countries to implement the Multilateral System of Access and Benefit Sharing [Biodiversity International]
- ‘My President is a Pair of Buttocks’: the limits of online freedom of expression in Uganda [Oxford]
- Parallel imports remain a grey area for IP rights in East Africa [Captain Obvious]
- Trademark Infringement in Nigeria: What is ‘Use in the Course of Trade’? [Afro-IP]
- In case you missed it: You can now register copyright online in Kenya [KECOBO]
- Industrial Property Act Comes Into Effect [Namibia Economist]
- Scotch Whisky Association awarded a certification trademark in South Africa [the drinks business]
- Ethiopia becoming an industrial powerhouse and future ‘Wakanda’ [Asia Times]
- 10% of WIPO’s workforce comes from Africa [2018 Report]
For more news stories and developments, please check out #ipkenya on twitter and feel free to share any other IP/ICT-related items that you may come across.
Have a great week-end!