- Confédération Africaine de Football cries foul over infringement of World Cup broadcast rights [Official]
- Celebrating Twenty Years of the WIPO Academy [Yup Its a Big Deal]
- ARIPO IP Roving Seminar Meets Academic Institutions in Namibia [Official]
- Engineering seeds: implications for African farmers [Pambazuka]
- The problem with simply growing more tech hubs in Africa [Quartz]
- Zimbabwe set to launch its National IP Policy and Strategy [Chronicle]
- The cost of changing a country’s name: Swaziland is now the Kingdom of eSwatini [Kudos Afro Leo]
- Uganda Farmers Working on Geographical Indication for Coffee [Observer]
- Senegal: Akon wants to build ‘real-life Wakanda’ using a cryptocurrency called AKoin [Stay Tuned]
- South African Portfolio Committee on Trade and Industry Debates a General Copyright Exception [infojustice]
- Nigeria: Need to address serious flaws in Patents and Designs Act [DailyTrust]
- Kenya: Watch out for fakes on virtual shopping sites [Captain Obvious]
For more news stories and developments, please check out #ipkenya on twitter and feel free to share any other intellectual property-related items that you may come across.
Have a great week-end!